Cherry Facts – Interesting Facts & Benefits
We can find cherries everywhere and many of us like that. Those round, small fruit which found in milkshakes, cakes and many more thing but very less of us know cherry comes in thousands of varieties, shapes, sizes, and flavors. First one is sweet cherry and the second one is called sour cherry. Sweet cherries are very beneficial for our health we can eat cherry in different forms like salad, compotes, custard, sorbets, ice cream, and yoghurt. Sour cherry is also known as tart cherry. It is also beneficial for health. Sour cherry is rich in essential nutrients like phytochemicals, antioxidants, and vitamin C. It reduces inflammation and cancer prevention. We can use it everyday fruit in the form of juice, salad, candy, and cake.
Facts about cherry:
- Cherries became popular in America in the 1600s. When European arrived, they found that several varieties were already in North America, which includes some are black cherries, and some chokecherries on a high Plains area choke cherry it is widely consumed mainly as critical ingredients and most black cherries attached to high-end furniture. They were probably used to make an American version of cherry bounce, its most famous 18th and 19th-century cordial which involves to mixing crushed black cherries and choice of alcohol.
- Two states do most of the growing— Washington’s nations sweet cherries grow an estimated 62%, during the summertime they usually eat sweet cherries. Oregon and California these states produce 94% of America’s sweet cherries and sour cherries which is most founded in Michigan grows the half of the country’s tart cherries which is mostly used to make dishes.
- Greek origins – in a Greek town cherry is known by the name of Cerasus, located in turkey that known as the city of Giresun. Europe is a place where the first time cherry exported, but some historians thought that after cherries the town itself was named and prefer to the Akkadian origin for the name.
- The maraschino cherry has a complicated history— We know soldiers’ ration was a part of cherry when they used to travel, the pits they discarded which became the trees that proliferated throughout the empire. There was saying to find out the old Roman roads all have to follow the wild cherry trees.
- Cherries contain Antioxidants. Antioxidants mostly found naturally in food, and it protects cells in our body from damage. During of oxidation, in our body it there is a chemical reaction which produces free radicals, and then those radicals produce a chain reaction if that reaction is in the form of a cell so that it kills and damage the cell of our body. Causes oxidative there are a lot of diseases, to fight from these kinds of disease it is the best way to eat cherry because antioxidant found in cherry.